We are connecting with potential literacy supporters for our 20th Anniversary Ron and Mary Maxwell Community Spelling Bee fundraiser, which raises essential funds for Mid-State Literacy Council education programs. Literacy means a life of safety, realized goals and community participation. We hope that you will include Mid-State Literacy Council when making decisions about charitable contributions and community investment for 2019. Please consider sponsoring a team because our students and their children need your support.
Your participation in the Bee is more important than ever. Because of budget cuts, Mid-State Literacy Council no longer receives federal or state support. Sponsors like you keep our literacy classes and tutoring programs running for hard-working adults in Centre County. This year students obtained jobs with their new skills, strengthened their math skills, earned driver’s licenses, and read to their children for the first time.
The Bee is a way to raise funds while having a fun time! Teams of 3 adult spellers compete for first place, second and third place, and have a wonderful time. It’s an effective team-building event: many come back year after year. In addition to the live audience, the entire Bee is broadcast five times on C-NET to a potential audience of 42,000 providing extensive publicity for you.
If you have funds but not spellers, don’t worry because we will provide the team to compete under your sponsorship. The winning sponsor will have the traveling plaque to display for one year. Please see the included registration form for sponsorship details. THANK YOU for considering Mid-State Literacy Council in your commitment to our community and the advancement of education.
Sponsorship Opportunities / Audience Reach
- 250 audience members are expected at the event
- The entire Bee is televised 5 times on C-NET, reaching a potential
audience of 42,000
- We’ll create a “buzz” through email, social media, print media, and
$5000 King or Queen-Bee
Beekeeper Sponsorship perks plus:
- Opportunity to deliver opening speech at event
- Opportunity to present to winners on stage at event
- Company name and logo on podium banner, visible on camera at all
- Prominent company name/logo on event banner; maximum coverage
- an additional team
Honey Bee Sponsorship perks plus:
- Recognition announcement by emcee at event
- Full page (8.5 × 5.5) ad in event program
- Company name and logo included on event banner; maximum coverage
- Prominent recognition on website and social media, including your
corporate logo and description
- Recognition in next Mid-State Literacy Council newsletter
Worker Bee Sponsorship perks plus:
- Recognition as a Honey Bee Sponsor in all Bee promotional materials
- 1/2 page (4.25 x 5.5) ad in event program
- Promotional table at event
- Recognition as Worker-Bee Sponsor in event program
- Team entry for three contestants
- Your company name recognized by emcee every time your team spells