Dear Mid-State Literacy Council Students, Teachers, and Volunteers:
Because of the recent announcement by Penn State and the uncertainty of the current coronavirus situation, we will be closing the Mid-State office to the public until further notice. Mid-State is planning to transition to online instruction instead of in-person instruction for the current semester.
• We will be extending the break of tutoring and classes one more week from March 16-20 in order to coordinate this transition.
• After next week, tutoring and classes will resume online, if feasible, for the remainder of the semester from March 23 – April 17, 2020.
• We are requesting and recommending no in-person tutoring or meetings.
• We will be contacting teachers and tutors individually to help coordinate this transition to an online method of contact.
• We will work with students and tutors / teachers to arrange an alternative solution for those who do not have access to technology or internet.
We care about the welfare of all our students and tutors. If you feel sick or have any symptoms, please call your health provider and seek help.
- Geisinger hotline — call ahead before visiting your primary care provider: (570) 284-3657
- Pennsylvania hotline — call if you believe you were exposed or have symptoms: 1-877-PA-HEALTH (1-877-724-3258)
- Visit for updates on coronavirus related to Penn State University: sites.psu.edu/virusinfo
Once again, we apologize for this unfortunate disruption but feel that caution and prevention are the best course of action at this time. We will continue to monitor the situation as it progresses and send an update when/if the situation changes.