Every year more than 250 students come to Mid-State Literacy Council to study with a tutor or take a small class to help them accomplish their education and communication goals, including:
- Preparing to pass the GED test
- Studying and practicing for the TOEFL test
- Learning computer skills
- Increasing reading, writing, math and communication skills
- Studying for the CDL
- Studying English
- Preparing to apply for jobs
- Learning new work skills
- Preparing for University or Graduate School entrance exams
- Preparing for the Citizenship test
- Volunteering in our community
- Getting a job or a promotion
Do you know someone who is struggling to survive in our community without proficient literacy skills? Do you know someone whose life would improve if they better understood the English language?
To help someone (or yourself!) improve their literacy skills and their life, email us at email@example.com or call (814) 238-1809!
Fall Classes 2018
High Beginner / Low Intermediate
High Intermediate – Advanced
A fee of $375 covers TOEFL classes, book, 3 other MSLC classes and tutoring.
Fall 2018 Assessment Testing
Students who are registering for Fall 2018 are invited to take a level placement test. This test will assess your listening skills and help us with advising and placement for classes and tutoring. There is no fee for registered students.
Please register in advance by calling (814) 238 – 1809 or emailing Tracy Roth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All testing will take place at the Mid-State literacy Council Office.
- Please plan to arrive 10 minutes early.
- The testing session will take about one hour.
- You do not need to bring any materials.
Fall Testing Times
Tuesdays 1:30pm August 14 – September 4
Thursdays 5:30pm August 9 – September 6
Fridays 11:00am August 10 – September 7